+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kinect Star Wars - Out Today... But Wait!

Unhappy Kinect Star Wars - Out Today... But Wait!

Ok so I had an epiphany this afternoon and realized that one of my aniticpated games had released.... you can probably guess by the title of the thread which it was. So I headed down and picked up a copy at BB. I didn't have time to play it so its still in the shrink wrap... and that might be a good thing as I just checked on Gamerankings and its getting slaughtered with an average of 57.67% based on 9 reviews thus far.

Did anyone else pick this up? Or even better... play it? I'm not sure I want to open it given the bad reception thus far.
    Founding Member of TCFK
    --------------------------------
    When asked why EA used footage from the Xbox 360 version of their newest Tiger Woods game to sell the Wii version they replied... the Wii images wouldn't be of "broadcast quality."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    LIE, CHEAT, Steal, AND DRINK... But when you lie, lie to save a friend, when you cheat, cheat death, when you steal, steal a maidens heart, and when you drink, drink with me my friend!!

Default Re: Kinect Star Wars - Out Today... But Wait!

I'll be getting a review copy soon. I'll let you know. If you can wait that long lol.

That said, I've played bits and pieces and they were fun, but it's not the same playing controlled 5 minute demos vs. the full game.
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

This game only looked half decent in the earliest videos, which were more conceptual videos.

Everything I've seen of it since has looked awful. No surprise here. Big disappointment though, the Kinect really is turning into a bigger waste than the Wii's gimmick games and the Move.

Hopefully when the next Xbox comes out they put more processing power into the new Kinect, because that thing struggles to accurately read movements.
    I like tacos.

I think the Kinect can read movements pretty well. Dance Central, Child of Eden and Gunslinger are all examples of that. It would seem that its the game developers and their code that make the biggest difference as some titles are pretty bad at recognizing player movement.

That said I do think it could and should be improved upon for the next go around. I honestly like the Kinect and think it has a lot of potential. Thus far, only a few have been able to produce good games for it which is dissapointing as a few bad experiences (sonic riders cough cough) really have the potential to turn you off and make you think its shit.

Hunter - Thank god man. Make sure you post impressions once you've had time to play it. I can definitely wait, but out of curiosity how long do you think till you get your copy? From the reviews I've read the pod racing is the best part. I wish it was the Jedi parts.
    Founding Member of TCFK
    When asked why EA used footage from the Xbox 360 version of their newest Tiger Woods game to sell the Wii version they replied... the Wii images wouldn't be of "broadcast quality."
    LIE, CHEAT, Steal, AND DRINK... But when you lie, lie to save a friend, when you cheat, cheat death, when you steal, steal a maidens heart, and when you drink, drink with me my friend!!

Yeah, I've played the Jedi and Pod racing parts before. The pod racing is definitely fun and works well. The Jedi parts are on rails. The bits I played were pretty well done. Some commands can be unresponsive, but not all that often. Again though, this was in a controlled demo, so who knows about the final game.

As for the copy, we've gotten confirmation from MS they will provide it, but no ETA yet. Hopefully by next week.

In regards to Kinect, the new PC model already has improved on the existing Kinect. It's higher resolution, and can see things closer.
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

You get that review copy yet Hunter? I still have mine in shrink wrap.
    Founding Member of TCFK

Sorry, MS said they'd have it to us, but never did. Doubt I will be getting it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Sorry, MS said they'd have it to us, but never did. Doubt I will be getting it at this point.
    If they're anything like Capcom you may wind up with it next month sometime.
    I like tacos.

I may return it now and just pick it up later when it drops in price.
    Founding Member of TCFK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information